This seminar shows you how to use Abaqus effectively to model composite materials.
An experienced, specialist trainer
Years of industry experience
Dedicated training facilities
Personal attendance certificate
Lunch & refreshments
Sorry, no sessions are currently scheduled for this course. Please contact us to arrange a suitable training date.
About this course
Composite materials are used in many design applications because of their high stiffness-to-weight ratios. This seminar shows you how to use Abaqus effectively to model composite materials.
The topics covered include:
- Using detailed modelling of the microscopic behaviour to determine the behaviour of composite materials
- Defining anisotropic elasticity with Hookean models for combining the fiber-matrix response
- Defining composite layups using Abaqus/CAE
- Defining discrete or layered reinforcing within an element using rebars, membrane elements and truss elements
- Achieving the correct material orientation of the layers of composite shells and solid elements
- Modelling sandwich composite structures and stiffened composite panels
- Modelling progressive damage and failure in composites
- Modelling delamination and low-cycle fatigue of composite structures
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for engineers with experience using Abaqus/Standard.
The overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the course overview:
- Analysis of Composite Materials with Abaqus Brochure
How Does it Work?
Get in touch
Submit your course enquiry one of three ways; complete our booking request form, send us an email or give us a call.
We’ll send you more information
Our dedicated training co-ordinator will come back to you with information on dates, times and costs.
Arrange your payment
Once you confirm your course, date and location we will confirm payment information with you.
We will keep you informed
Our training co-ordinator is on hand to help with dietary requirements, travel information, hotel recommendations and any other information you may need.