What are the Benefits?
- No need to have your own physical server to host licenses, allowing entirely virtualized server infrastructure if required
- No need to use IT staff’s time enrolling licenses and renewals (and the downtime if they forget!) Dassault Systèmes will always ensure your licenses are up to date and correct.
- No need to worry about extracting licenses or using a VPN for users who are not in the office, all they need is an internet connection.
- No need to worry about hardware failure in the license server, Dassault Systèmes provide a high availability service that will be maintained.
- All you need to worry about is configuring your software to look at a different license server location, which we are happy to help you with.
What Licenses can I have Hosted this way?
The short answer is that any license you currently have hosted on your own DSLS service can be migrated to the Dassault Systèmes hosted service. This includes:
- All 3DEXPERIENCE licensing
- All V6 licensing
- CATIA, DELMIA and SIMULIA V5 from R19 onwards
- Abaqus 6.14-2 onwards
- iSight 5.7
What’s in it for Dassault Systèmes?
You might be wondering why Dassault Systèmes would take on the cost of hosting licensing without charging. The reason is very simple, it’s just simpler and easier for them to host the licenses themselves rather than worrying about getting Computer IDs, emailing out license key files and all of the administration with recreating licenses when there’s a hardware fault etc.
Ultimately it’s just a more efficient way of dealing with the software licensing for all concerned.
What do I need to do to Migrate to Hosted Licenses?
The process is simple, just get in contact with us and tell us you want to migrate and you’ll receive a new address where your licenses are now hosted.