Building on the CATIA V5 Fundamentals course, CATIA V5 Advanced training takes you to the next level.
An experienced, specialist trainer
Years of industry experience
Dedicated training facilities
Personal attendance certificate
Lunch & refreshments
About this course
As well as covering the more advanced capabilities of CATIA such as PowerCopy, this course continues the development of ‘best practice’ methodologies. Students will be equipped to use the ‘Advanced’ features offered by the Part Design workbench and learn how to make use of component catalogs and how to store and create re-usable parameterized features. The course includes a mixture of presentation and tutorial, enabling students to gain hands-on experience.
The course covers the following topics:
- Using 3D reference Elements to create a part
- Creating advanced Sketch-Based Features
- Applying Advanced Dress-Up Features
- Modelling using Boolean operations
- Sharing Designs by working in Multi-Model environment
- Analysing Parts
- Annotating Parts for review
- Creating and reusing advanced replication tools like Power Copies
- Storing components and Power copies into catalog and reuse them in a new context
- Modifying CATIA options in order to optimize performance for large, complex designs
- Managing contextual links between product documents by using publications
- Creating and use parameters to drive a product design
- Creating sections to visualize internal product structure
- Creating scenes and exploded views
- Generating annotations and bills of material for assembly drawings
Who Should Attend?
CATIA V5 Mechanical Design Engineers with a minimum of 6 months use of CATIA V5.
TECHNIA have 2 training facilities available (located in Milton Keynes and Castle Donington) or alternatively, courses can be delivered on the customer’s site.
TECHNIA are a Dassault Systèmes Authorised Certification Center and are fully industry and CPD (Continuing Professional Development) approved.
The course overview provides details of the topics covered in each lecture. Please note that the actual course agenda may vary depending on location.
Download the Course Overview:
How Does it Work?
Get in touch
Submit your course enquiry one of three ways; complete our booking request form, send us an email or give us a call.
We’ll send you more information
Our dedicated training co-ordinator will come back to you with information on dates, times and costs.
Arrange your payment
Once you confirm your course, date and location we will confirm payment information with you.
We will keep you informed
Our training co-ordinator is on hand to help with dietary requirements, travel information, hotel recommendations and any other information you may need.