TECHNIA and JLR
TECHNIA is a Dassault Systèmes Platinum Business Partner with 20 years of experience within the automotive sector. As a leading provider of PLM software and services to JLR, TECHNIA have successfully migrated several JLR suppliers to the latest engineering toolset on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
Delivering expert deployment, training and support packages, TECHNIA ensures your migration delivers the business benefits of the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform, whilst aligning your business to the JLR project’s needs.
The JLR Supplier Program, delivers the alignment of suppliers to JLR and their adoption of the Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform – the Engineering Toolset. The development and implementation of the Engineering Toolset will support JLR with their growth strategy, providing both JLR and their supply chain the ability to deliver predictable conditions to enable scalable business growth for JLR and its’ suppliers.
The package consists of Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE Platform and JLR accompanying applications to include all CAD and data management requirements. The Engineering Toolset will resolve engineering level issues, by offering:
- A simplified data model
- Close alignment to Dassault Systèmes best practices
- Simplified and relevant working practices
As announced by JLR, suppliers will be asked to purchase 3DEXPERIENCE Platform licenses. Special 3DEXPERIENCE packages have been created by JLR and Dassault Systèmes to meet these requirements, as shown below.
- BIW tooling Designer – CAD Author
- BIW – CAD Author
- Electrical – CAD Author
- Fasteners – CAD Author
- Powertrain & Chassis – CAD Author
- CAD Exchange Author
- Facilities Management Author
- Facilities Management Leader
- Production Planner Author
- Production Planner Leader
- Production Simulation Author
- Supplier Visualisation User
- CAE Process User
As a supplier you also have options on how these packages are consumed in your own organisation. Dassault Systèmes gives you the opportunity as a JLR supplier to take advantage of the extra functionality offered by the platform and to use it within your organisation for other (non-JLR). If this is of interest to you, please get in contact and a technical review of the available functionality can be scheduled.
Below are the two options available: –
- Standard use – can be used on JLR projects as well as projects outside of JLR.
- Restricted use – providing a lower cost to the supplier- the software can only be used on JLR projects.
Extended JLR Supplier Packages – Exclusive to TECHNIA!
In addition to the standard JLR Supplier Program, TECHNIA is exclusively extending the JLR Supplier Packages with the inclusion of a number of additional products, at a massively reduced cost, from our own solution portfolio. Many JLR suppliers will already be familiar with these products as they are currently used by all major automotive OEMs worldwide, including JLR.
- Q-Checker: Q-Checker is a management system for Product Data Quality. It is the world’s leading system for quality assurance in a 3D virtual development environment.
- CAVA: CAVA contains tools that makes sure automotive OEMs and their suppliers around the world are compliant with the legal rules, regulations and standards throughout the design process.
- myPLM: myPLM accelerates the usage of complex CAx environments and helps to manage various releases, license configurations and add-on tools.