July 7, 2016
CATIA does this by tricking the part into believing that it is only 1m³ in volume and then applies a density, thus tricking the mass into thinking it is the same as the density. The steps are easy:
- Show Parameters from Tools > Options > Infrastructure > Part Infrastructure > Display
- Show Values from Tools > Options > Parameters/Measures
- Import this text file as new parameters
- Set the Inertia measure to display “Equivalent”
- Measure the PART NODE only to view the Equivalent Mass.
The video below shows the process in full.