This can usually be avoided by closing down CATIA correctly (by exiting first before shutting down the machine), but sometimes a problem occurs that can cause CATIA or your computer to crash.
To free up the licences, simply carry out the following instructions. Please be aware that this solution will release ALL licences on the LUM server – including those in use by other users who may still be working without issues. Everyone will have to restart CATIA.
1) On the licence server hosting the LUM licenses, log in with administrator rights and stop IBM Network License Server service
2) Navigate to the following file and open it in notepad
3) Find the key ColdStart=no
4) Change the key to ColdStart=yes, then save and close the file
5) Start the IBM Network License Server service
Notice all licences have been released.