Below are the steps you need to follow to resolve issues when installing updated rich applications
Remove previous thick client installation(s)
1) Remove all the previous installations from the Add/Remove Programs function available from Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (you can remove Prerequisites as well).
2) Delete the installation directory if it was not removed by the Uninstall process. Example default installation directories include:
- C:Program FilesDassault Systemes3DExperience SolidWorks
- C:Program FilesDassault SystemesB418
- C:Program FilesDassault Systemes<x>418<Dxx> (with any other letter)
Note : If your installation failed, think about deleting the installation keys in the Windows registry (only after execution of the other steps!):
- Open the registry
- Windows Start menu > Run > “regedit”
- At this step you are strongly invited to perform a Backup before going any further on the clean process. For that, use File / Export and save the file locally.
- Locate the installation registry key
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Dassault Systèmes > V6
- Remove the “B418” entry and all its sub-keys
- Or Remove the « <x>418<Dxx> » in case another naming was used
3) Remove 3DEXPERIENCE R2016x client shortcuts created on desktop, if some exist.
Application launch and use
In the case that you experience issues while using the application, please consider the following steps:
- Empty the working cache
- Make sure to empty all Browser/Java cache, CATTemp and CATSettings before launching new a setup
Browser / Java Cache
Clear the Cache using the Java Control Panel available from Windows Control Panel >Java